TempestShadow

Lazarene (15%)
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,514
Nation
TempestShadow
The Security Council,

Noting that Bachtendekuppen was the Delegate of The East Pacific for a period of two terms (8 months), during which it served to protect the region from the threat of the Defender Act and managed to increase activity in the community,

Recognizing Bachtendekuppen's mediation abilities, which allowed for the creation of treaties with The North Pacific, Osiris, Taijitu and New Pacific Order (The Pacific), along with recognizing Bachtendekuppen as the inter-regional diplomat whose advice proved exceptional,

Further recognizing Bachtendekuppen's great contribution to the University of The East Pacific, creating the Library of the history of The East Pacific, and its recent help with writing regional chronicles,

Observing Bachtendekuppen's active mentorship to new Executive Staffers in the Regional Government and eagerness to help,

Applauding Bachtendekuppen's great work as the former Editor of the Eastern Pacific News Service (currently Ministry of Information), Minister of Foreign Affairs, Arbiter of Conclave, Minister of Culture and Education, Provost, World Assembly Delegate and many more,

Aware of Bachtendekuppen's current contribution to the region as the Magister, Vizier, member of Foreign Affairs Comittee and adviser to region-mates,

Further applauding Bachtendekuppen's undying loyalty to The East Pacific region,

Impressed with Bachtendekuppen's influence within all three parts of the regional government and several regions,

Further noting Bachtendekuppen's contribution to the Magisterium by drafting the Curia Act, an instrumental piece of legislature for the regional government,

Hereby Commends Bachtendekuppen.

Against, for reasons I articulated here and also fleshed out in a Discord conversation:

My feeling about it is this Commendation is indirectly a Commendation of TEP, imo. Everything in it is something Bach did in TEP, and most of it was pretty unremarkable. There have been Delegates of XKI, Presidents of Europeia, who have done everything Bach has done and more, but who aren't commended and will never be commended. The only reason Bach is being billed as exceptional is because TEP is a Feeder, and I think we need to start putting the lid on that kind of mentality. He either is remarkable enough to deserve Commendation or isn't, and it doesn't change because he's in a Feeder. And by sticking with the NPO, TEP has forfeited any goodwill that should make anyone overlook that none of this is really that remarkable and go ahead and vote for it anyway.

Thanks for bringing that up, denominator person.

It's reasonable that Marrabuk brought the resolution to our attention, but it shouldn't affect our WA policy.

TempestShadow;4809 said:
[Marrabuk@Ambassador , @Allied Government and @Friendly Delegate to vote FOR in this resolution: https://www.nationstates.net/page=sc Thank you very much!

Worth noting that we aren't TEP's ally, nor have they treated us like one by remaining in a treaty alliance with the NPO despite the NPO's aggression against us.

Not sure how I feel about them asking regions to vote for like that tbh

Having read the draft, have to be against. I just feel like there's nothing to it... Why does contributing to a single Act for a single region merit a line in a commendation?

Back