Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Discussion] Authority to remove Cabinet Ministers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple in my opinion, the delegate may remove Ministers at will. The assembly may also vote to remove ministers(so the citizens can) or the minister can simply resign. Makes sense so that the Delegate can remove a minister for not doing their job or for doing it badly and replace them instead of going through all the voting out or convincing them to resign.

As the person who wrote that provision, I can confirm it was intended to mean the Delegate can dismiss Ministers at will. Incidentally, the Delegate also has the power to dismiss the Vice Delegate and the Assembly Speaker at will. The Delegate does not have the power to dismiss Justices of the Court or Councillors of Lazarene Security.

All officials other than the Delegate and Vice Delegate can also be recalled by 2/3 vote of the Assembly. The Delegate and Vice Delegate can be recalled by 3/4 vote of the Assembly. Recalls don't require the Delegate's assent.

Good to know about the assent part, It makes more sense this way but I have seen places count recall as a bill almost and it doesn't end the best. Y'all did an awesome job on the mandate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back