Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Discussion] Assembly Procedure Act Amendment (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feather
ƒ4,126
This amendment is intended to allow for crediting co-authors and others.

While my preference is to remove the credit section altogether, I understand that authorship may be an issue. If we are to stick to the present system of writing who authored what, I would like to see this expanded to crediting people who significantly aided in drafting the law, not only the original person who had the idea.

An issue I had in writing this was where to put the credit section. Should it go at the beginning or at the end?

Assembly Procedure Act Amendment (October 2018)

Proposed By:
Amerion​
Preamble

This amendment of the Assembly Procedure Act makes allowance for crediting co-authors and others.

Section 1. Amendment of Section 4

(1) Subsection 1, as it is currently written, reads:

[align=left]
[cell]
[align=left](1) Unless otherwise noted, legislation brought to vote in the Assembly will be formatted as follows:

Example Title

[align=center]Proposed by:

Preamble

This is an example of a preamble. It should not exceed 50 words. Preambles are optional.

Section 1. Example Section Title

(1) This is an example of a subsection.

(2) This is an example of another subsection.

a. This is an example of a subparagraph.
b. This is an example of another subparagraph.
[/align]
[/cell]
[/align]

(2) An amended subsection 1, with the inclusion of new text highlighted in green, shall read:

[cell]
[align=left](1) Unless otherwise noted, legislation brought to vote in the Assembly will be formatted as follows:

Example Title

[align=center]Proposed by:

Additional credit to:

This is an example of an additional credit section. It should not exceed 5 people. Credit sections are optional.

Preamble

This is an example of a preamble. It should not exceed 50 words. Preambles are optional.

Section 1. Example Section Title

(1) This is an example of a subsection.

(2) This is an example of another subsection.

a. This is an example of a subparagraph.
b. This is an example of another subparagraph.
[/align]
[/cell]
[/align]

(3) After subsection 4, insert:

[cell][align=left](5) An optional credit section for a proposal will not exceed five people.
[/cell]
[/align]

[/align]

I'm fine with this.

Yep, looks good.

Seems to be the Speaker's reasoning was that the author in a bill provided clear authority for who controlled that bill -- but surely we can just say that the thread OP is the one who has that authority? I don't think we need an author section in the bill at all.

As it stands, the authorship section shall remain in place.

The issue of authorship and whether it should be mentioned in an Act is not the topic of this amendment. Perhaps, in another amendment.

This amendment seeks to make the best of the current situation and afford recognition for those who have significantly aided in the drafting of a bill.

With that being said, I would like to motion a vote.

Seconded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back