Goldie

Resident Attaché (15%)
Forum Bot
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,767
EpBBy4T.png

Announcement from the Delegate
As per Mandate 12, I would like to announce my first choice for the Vice Delegate position, Treadwellia!
Mandate 12 said:
Establishment of the office of Vice Delegate

(1) The Delegate will appoint a Vice Delegate to hold the second most endorsements in Lazarus. Appointment of the Vice Delegate will be subject to confirmation by two-thirds vote of the Assembly.

(2) The Vice Delegate will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Delegate, or automatic removal from office.
Cormactopia Prime[/size]!
Mandate 12 said:
Speaker of the Assembly

(11) The Delegate will appoint an Assembly Speaker to preside over the Assembly according to its procedural rules. Appointment of the Assembly Speaker will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(12) In the absence of procedural rules to settle a procedural matter in the Assembly, the Assembly Speaker may establish such rules. Procedural rules established by the Assembly Speaker will always be subordinate to the laws of Lazarus and procedural rules established by the Assembly.

(13) The Assembly Speaker will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Delegate, or automatic removal from office.

(14) The Assembly may provide for the appointment and removal of deputies to the Assembly Speaker by law or through its procedural rules.
Vice Delegate Confirmation Vote
Speaker of the Assembly Confirmation VoteImkiville
Delegate of Lazarus[/align]

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Congrats, Tubbius and Cormac!

Congratulations to Tubbius, and thank you to Imki for the confidence in me to serve as Speaker. :)

EpBBy4T.png

[align=center]Announcement from the Delegate
Court Justice AppointmentsSheepShape, Lazarene Roavin and D3-RP5.
Mandate 12 said:
Composition of the Court

(1) The Court will be comprised of three Justices appointed by the Delegate, subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly. Requirements for the recusal of Justices and procedure for the appointment of temporary Justices may be established by law.

(2) Justices will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly, or automatic removal from office. Justices may not serve in any other office while serving as Justices.

Powers of the Court

(3) Procedure for constitutional matters brought before the Court will be defined by law.

(4) The Court has the power, upon being petitioned by a citizen, to strike down any general law, treaty, or policy. in whole or in part, and restrain any government action, by two-thirds vote, if such violates this Mandate or any constitutional law.

(5) The Court may, upon being petitioned by a citizen, reconcile contradictions within and between this Mandate and constitutional laws, as well as contradictions within and between general laws, by two-thirds vote, maintaining minimal disruption to the intended purposes of the contradictory provisions.

(6) The Court may interpret and clarify provisions of law when posed in a legal question, by two-thirds vote, as prescribed by law.
SheepShape, aka Asta/SillyString has a long history of legislative and court proceedings in NationStates, her name is almost synonymous with them!
Roavin is immensely hard working, capable and while he and I may not always see eye to eye, I trust him to always say and do what he thinks is right.
Derps is a newcomer to NS law but I have great faith she has the right mentality and a keen intellect that will allow her to pick it up quickly, particularly with the help and experience provided by the other two.
Together I can't think of a better starting foundation for our new Lazarus court system, I think they will provide strong, professional and objective answers to any issues that may arise and although we may have to overlook the occasional bad pun or dad joke, I would again advise voting for the affirmative in all three cases!

As per Mandate 12, Article V, Section 1, they will now be subject to an Assembly confirmation vote and must each pass with a 50 +1 majority in a thread to be set up by the Speaker of the Assembly soon.

Thank you for your time and work so far Lazarus, I'm so proud of what we're becoming!

Signed,
Imkiville
Delegate of Lazarus

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

EpBBy4T.png

[align=center]Announcement from the Delegate
Cabinet Minister AppointmentsNew Rogernomics for the position of Minister of Media and Events, Your Imaginary Friend for the position Minister of Interregional Relations, and finally Killer Kitty for Minister of Recruitment and Outreach.

Mandate 12 said:
(1) The Delegate will set the course of the Cabinet with such ministries, programs, and activities as they determine are beneficial for Lazarus.

(2) The Delegate may issue executive directives to set public policy for executive ministries, programs, and activities. Such directives will remain in effect unless rescinded by the Delegate who issued them or a subsequent Delegate. Such directives may also be amended by the Delegate who issued them or a subsequent Delegate.

(3) The Delegate may appoint Cabinet Ministers to assist with executive ministries, programs, and activities, and must fill any ministries mandated by law. Appointment of Cabinet Ministers will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(4) Cabinet Ministers will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Delegate, or automatic removal from office.

(5) The Delegate may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

I believe these nations have shown a lot of dedication to their respective fields and will do great work for our region.

New Rogernomics is a long standing member of Lazarus who has shown great drive, initiative and ability in working to make Lazarus a better, more vibrant place. In the past he has been both Delegate and Culture minister. During Concon he was one of the most active members of the Council of Natives. Lately he has been the architect behind our beautiful new forums and its currency as well as proposing many interesting and exciting ideas for our future including a wonderful grand reopening festival. I have little doubt that this position has been well and truly earned. I expect great things from him and look forward to seeing them!

The department of Media and EventsImaginary has shown great enthusiasm and interest in the field of Foreign Affairs and throughout our various troubles has continued to be a positive example of what Lazarus has to offer to our friends abroad. I believe she has a great attitude and open mind towards the role, and will be a valuable asset in growing our friendships with other regions and keeping them informed with our progress. Despite the deception I believe her recent confession shows a lot of character and bravery so I'm willing to overlook the transgression and continue to offer her this role as I was going to before she came clean, becauseI believe a strong backbone is important for someone working in what can be a very high pressure position at times. We do not want someone who will back down from what's right for Lazarus. I'll be working closely with her to ensure a steady but progressive cooperation with our fellow regions and have great faith that she will become a great minister.

The department of Interregional RelationsKiller Kitty, AKA Evil Wolf, is very likely the most controversial appointment I have made thus far and will probably make during my delegacy but while there may be a lot of negative stigma against KK for his involvement in the prior regime, he is still a long time member of the region with a great deal of experience, knowledge and passion for Lazarus. I believe he will be a great fit for the role and ask that you don't hold his involvement in the Khanate against him. While it may seem odd to nominate the person I couped the region from for a government position, I have been speaking to him a lot since then and he has helped with efforts such as the Lazarus Home Office dispatches. I do think he wants what's best for Lazarus as well and want to give him the chance to prove it to you all again.

The department of Recruitment and Outreach will be charged with promoting citizenship and other perks to doing more for Lazarus to the gameside residents and encouraging nations to join the WA and endorse correctly. I would also like the ministry to keep the residents informed of things at vote in the WA and poll them to gauge how the region would like me to vote (although this may be splintered off to its own department in the future).

While these are by no means the end of my cabinet appointments I believe the three of them will be a solid start to our government needs and I hope the region will vote to confirm them all.

Signed,
Imkiville
Delegate of Lazarus

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Are there subdepartments? For instance, Recruitment and Outreach is a very broad expanse, covering immigration law, the World Assembly, and education, for instance.

This feels like a very large Department that needs subdivisions with their own leaders to function properly.

Looks like EW was right about the SOON, lol.

Solid choices it looks to me Imki, and can I just say I'm not surprised that's your first question UM? :p

TempestShadow;3064 said:
Looks like EW was right about the SOON, lol.

Solid choices it looks to me Imki, and can I just say I'm not surprised that's your first question UM? :p

What is that supposed to imply? I just don't think departments should be overloaded.

Hm. Interesting picks.
I look forward to the three candidates outlining their motivation and clearing possible issues.

I have requests and questions regarding each one except NR.

Imaginary, I must have missed it- what happened recently that Imkiville hinted at?

Evil Wolf, you really feel ready for this? You think people trust you enough for this? It ain't easy being minister or anything else important if there is lots of distrust... Do you think your application at this time serves the region more than it harms?

Imkiville, why not wait a bit longer and give others ministry posts than giving KK an initial ministry post?
You don't consider them a threat?
What was the problem with Imaginary?

Back