Feather
ƒ1,952
Rd9J9F3.png

October 2019 Foreign Update

The Winter King Steps Down:
pcF6tOb.png

A Monarchy Emerges:
pcF6tOb.png

UCR Con Returns:Aynia Moreaux, or shoot me a message on discord (Aynia#1337) with either the region you'd like showcased or your preferred lecture topics and date and time you can give them. Time slots are first come first serve and can be any time you prefer.

pcF6tOb.png

Extra Life Mega Stream:
pcF6tOb.png

Citizen of the Month:

This month's citizen to be showcased and congratulated is Windraker!! Stefan has been an active member for a long time now and one of our major Garry's Mod players. He has a great sense of humour and always up for a game. Congratulations Stefan on being our citizen of the month!

The following message is from our founder Aynia in light of current events.

Standing Strong

Hey all, Aynia here with an update.

As you may or may not be aware, Caer Sidi suffered this morning when one of our members went rogue. Itchkerie, former citizen and Tanaiste, exploited a loophole in our discord in which he was able to give himself a bot role and gain administrative powers. He then proceeded to delete roughly half of the discord and ban over 40 members.

Furthermore, he abused his regional officer powers to delete and rewrite our world fact book entry, change our flag, delete our tags, and put up a poll mocking us.

Hardest hit were our forums. Caer Sidi has fostered a culture of friendship and trust over the past three years of its existence. With that comes an array of responsibilities, and privileges. Itchikerie abused those privileges to delete posts on the forums that are never able to be recovered. Weeks, months, and in some cases over a year of writing was lost.

However through all this, two things have been perfectly clear: Our community is tough as nails, and we have friends coming out of the woodwork for us that we are so grateful for.

Within minutes the region was secured, within a few hours, the discord was back to normal, and we've worked to recover as much as we can from the old tapatalk forums. We are very lucky that we seem to have been dealing with something poorly planned or poorly executed, because the damage could have been so much worse.

What have we learned from this? Because oh boy have we learned our lesson. Security has been tightened up, we've completely redone our permission system on discord from the ground up and have redone the permission system for government officials on the forums. While we will not let this harden our hearts we can not and will not let this happen again. Going forward we will continue to look at ways to improve our security. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to everyone who was affected by this, and take full responsibility.

To our friends and allies who have reached out: I'd like to give a big collective thank you from all of us at Caer Sidi. You guys have been wonderful and so supportive. Even your simple messages helped lighten the load, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts <3

Thank you,

Aynia Moreaux[/hr]

That's horrible!! If you need any help please let us know. Why would somebody do something like that to there own region?

Not intending to give him a platform, but his manifesto was pretty succinct, he wanted to "own the libs"

A horrific event on a good region. I believe all of Lazarus wishes for your swift recovery and reconstruction after this cowardly attack.

Back