Chairperson of Shareholders
Discretionary Powers Act (December 2021)
Proposed by: Domais
Section 1. Constitutional Status
(1) This act will bear Constitutional Status and will be subject to the voting thresholds thereof.
Section 2. Application
(1) The Powers enumerated herein will not apply to any law holding Constitutional Status nor the Mandate of Lazarus.
Section 3. Discretionary Powers
(1) The Speaker may rectify any formatting inconsistencies of passed legislation, including:
a. Legislation that is not in compliance with any of the rules for formatting thereof;
b. Numbering inconsistencies within any legislation;
c. Inconsistencies with the BBcode of any legislation;
d. Any other change that may be reasonably deemed to be categorized as an issue with the formatting of any legislation.
Section 4. Promulgation and the Right of Veto
(1) The Speaker must publicly promulgate any use of Powers enumerated herein within 24 hours thereof.
(2) If any citizen tables a motion to overturn the decision of the Speaker and another citizen seconds the relevant motion, then the relevant use of the Powers enumerated herein will be rendered unenforceable pending a vote in the Assembly;
a. The relevant vote can be held after a minimum discussion period of 3 days, but will be held after a period of 7 days;
b. The vote will last for 5 days and if the nays outnumber the yeas then the relevant use of the Powers enumerated herein will be repealed.
Section 5. Delegation of Powers
(1) The Speaker may not delegate the use of the Powers enumerated herein to their deputies or any other person.