Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,880
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus
It is clear that there is an attempt by specific actors to railroad me out of my position, and probably the region because they are unhappy with my decisions, my supposed inactivity, and perhaps because they want their friends in power. Despite previous Prime Ministers have been even less active and were not recalled. Nevertheless, I have a list of accomplishments: I have ended our war with the NPO, I have made a public list of Ambassadors, created a question thread for the Cabinet, have helped arrange an event with The West Pacific, have contributed to the region in the means of stamps at my expense, and have made significant headway in terms of WA endorsements.

The group leader, Manson, has done several things that are grounds for removal from his position before tonight's incident. Let me list them: He excluded a Deputy Minister from foreign affairs discussion, now it seems his excuse is "I do not want to work with him, I want to work with my TRR buddies"; he made a public statement in the form of an RMB post, and dispatch telling someone to stop an endorsement campaign instead of telegramming them; and he requested two embassies without my approval, one of which was accepted and was made, this no-less after I explicitly told him that I did not want another in-game embassy. Yet, I was nice and told him politely of my displeasure and that I wanted him to consult me and all of his deputies on matters of foreign affairs.

Now, he has the gall to create a recall thread against me accusing me of being inactive; that I do not respond to his constant hellos or what's ups; and that I do not give enough direction? I say do I have to do everything? I have clarified that he could propose things outside his department if he asked the relevant minister or me. How about, instead of saying hello in DMs, maybe he should offer something of substance, seeing that my main policy initiatives for foreign affairs have been completed. I don't give enough direction? At the beginning of the term, I talked with him about his goals, some of which I questioned, like "why TRR," but after minor changes, I agreed to his plans. Is that not direction enough?

Of course, I replied to these outrageous accusations. I was intently vague in this reply so as not to leak any sensitive information. What does Manson do? He drops the vagueness and begins to describe private conversations in detail that made me look bad, even though they were shitposts. When I brought up the fact that exchanges exist that would make Manson look bad that I could leak and did not wish to state them, it was taken as a threat by specific individuals, even though it was simply a statement of fact. Including Manson, since he took his DM leaking to a whole different level by posting a screenshot of a message I made in DMs with him. That message was a joke. Yet, he blows it out of proportion in an attempt to ruin my career in Lazarus. It is funny that most people probably have some dirt in their DMs with others on this game. Then through responses to that leak, I found out that he had leaked our DMs previously to NR in an apparent move to remove me from the region. Finally, certain people say that me defending myself from Manson's lousy bad-faith attempt to remove is grounds in itself for removal. I say what nonsense.

All this without warning. Without informing me of my shortcomings so that I may improve. But, when I recalled Temmi I asked them to resign or become more active days before I proposed, I was not awarded this opportunity. Instead, he has chosen to run me through the mud in a very public way.

Many times during my NationStates career, I have felt personally hurt. People have faked screenshots of things that I supposedly said. However, this time takes the cake. Never before have I felt so personally wronged or so attacked. Not just because this is all being blown up to a disproportionate level, or because I feel like I have done a great job and accomplished so much for Lazarus, but because I have been stabbed in the back by someone I thought I could trust. He may accuse me of stabbing our Delegate in the back; I have done no such thing. Only discussed recalling him or getting him to resign for legit reasons, mainly not endotarting. Yet, he did what I asked of him, and I dropped it. While he faked friendship with me, pretended to care, and gained my trust in bad faith so that he could have ammunition against me, when all I have been is nice to him.

Therefore, I will resign effective immediately as Prime Minister of Lazarus. I do not make this decision because I want to or think I have done anything warranting removal but because certain people have it out for me. Sadly, a portion of Lazarus sided with them.

Sad to see you resign.

EDIT: This is exactly why this should have been sorted out privately rather than creating public drama.

Personally, I disagree with your resignation, though I do understand why you've decided to do this

Thanks for your service. I think you've nothing to apologize for

I genuinely believe that your term have been a positive and efficient one for Lazarus.
While I'm saddened, both by the situation as a whole and by your resignation, the decision is yours and I can only wish you all the best for your future on NS and in the region.
Thank you for your service, sir.

Same here. I do think that in the relatively short time this role has been held, you've done quite the job. Unfortunately, stuff like this making it publicly almost guarantees that it won't end well. Good job and good luck with whatever you do next.

Back