Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

AMA with Giovanniland, Delegate of The West Pacific (TWPLAZa — January 30-31, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clorinda

Burnt at the Stake, Rose from the Ashes
Feather
ƒ1,781
Nation
Clorinda
Region
Lazarus
clorinda — 01/30/2022

@Bird Watcher (Participant) The AMA with Gio will be starting in about 10 minutes, don't miss out!

Giovanniland — 01/30/2022

Hello everyone

clorinda — 01/30/2022

Hello and good afternoon Gio, well, I suppose it's evening for you but let's start out with an easy one. Answer wisely though, or the lie detector may go off. It's been eight days shy of a month since you've ascended to the delegacy of TWP. How can you say the region has changed, to you, since you joined?
• And additionally, since you've been entrusted with the community as Delegate, how have your feelings changed?

If at all.

It is actually still afternoon here! But anyways, while I have already put some new plans forward (such as new WA initiatives) and changed some key positions' holders, I don't believe the region has actually changed that much, as myself and Dilber often agree on many things and I have decided to continue with many of his plans. My feelings are largely the same as well, I can definitely say responsibility has increased, but that feeling already existed when a Guardian and Minister for the past year.

• clorinda — 01/30/2022

Right on! For those of us who aren't aware, can you please elaborate on these new WA initiatives?

• Giovanniland — 01/30/2022

Of course! Internally, I wish to increase endorsements not only for myself and the Guardians, but also encourage cross-endorsements for the general WA populace up to 250 endorsements, which is TWP's current cap. This is because endorsing others is often one of the first interaction one has beyond their own nation, and can be a first step to getting involved in the wider community. Externally, I want us to continue our strong presence in the Security Council, as TWP had some great successes during 2021. As a four-time author I am also willing to help others go through the process of authoring their own resolutions.

• clorinda — 01/30/2022

Of course, both great ideas.

While we're on the topic of authorship, your passed SC resolutions (four at this time) all recognize longstanding members, contributors, and friends of TWP. Can we expect to see more of this, this type of community recognition from not only you but from other TWP authors?

Definitely! One of my plans is to have a commendation recognizing our former delegate D Dilber authored by other TWPers, and some people have already expressed interest in researching and authoring it. Furthermore, I am also hoping to get more people interested in the SC through our Regional Commendations program, which is a Hall of Nations initiative similar to authoring resolutions but only about actions within TWP - it has helped with SC resolutions like Commend Elegarthin the past.

• clorinda — 01/30/2022

That sounds like it could work! And speaking from a personal standpoint, it's always shocked me that Dilber has never received some sort of celebration via the WA due to his efforts in TWP, he's been working for its governance longer than some players have been alive.
• One last question surrounding the WA: what advice do you have for fledging authors looking to honor distinguished community members?

Firstly, make sure to research a lot about the theme - NS forums, regional forums (including archived ones), interviews and other articles, and NS wikis can all have a ton of information. Secondly, talking with people that worked closely with the nominee is also good, though also try to gather various sources about an event so as to not have biased information. Thirdly, make sure to follow advice from SC regulars! It may seem scary at first, but many people are actually friendly and willing to help.

• clorinda — 01/30/2022

Thank you. We'll go for a few more Lazarus-TWP focused questions before I turn you loose to the audience.
• Present-day Lazarus has quite a few similarities with TWP, we're both based on the ideals of meritocracy and security. How would you say the communities are similar, how would you say they're different? You can take this as culturally, politically, socially, whatever.

In regards to differences, for example, Lazarus has separate heads of state and government, as well as having the latter elected; while in TWP both roles are assumed by the Delegate, and only two lower-level positions being elected (Speaker and Guardian of the Hall of Nations). The security part you point out is a good similarity though, Lazarus and TWP both have separate roles for security and government (in TWP, the Guardians and the Cabinet respectively).

• clorinda — 01/30/2022

Lazarus historically has varied in terms of gameplay alignment. For the past few years we've been neutral, please describe TWP's current alignment.
• I'll couple that with, does TWPAF still play a large role in the region's community or is it more so like Laz's current military?

Like the advertising dispatch for TWPAF says, we refuse to hold to the typical conventions and categories of military gameplay - we participate in both raiding and defending operations as we see fit, and hold foreign relations with regions from various parts of the gameplay spectrum. And TWPAF does play a large role in the community, for example we sometimes hold special operations themed on an event or an aspect of regional culture, or in response to something that has happened in the region.

clorinda — 01/30/2022

Labels are definitely boring. Glad to hear.
• And with that I'll open up the floor to questions from our lovely @Bird Watcher (Participant)s. If you have something you'd like to ask Gio, please DM me or ping me somewhere on this server with your question. Don't be shy.
• Actually, we'll just change those permissions so we can see your lovely questions here and hear them from your own uhdiscord accounts?

Permissions have been changed

• Ryccia — 01/30/2022

What has been the best experience you've had in TWP?

• Halo — 01/30/2022

If you could make one change to NS, what would it be?

There are so many to choose from, but I think I'll choose cards - completing the collections of all TWP cards in both season 1 and 2 was definitely a big accomplishment, as it was one of the first notable things I did in the game and led me to become one of the leading people not only in TWP but also in the cardscommunity.

• The Sigometh Dynasty — 01/30/2022

Oh btw about cards, how many hours a day do you spend managing cards (farming them, buying/selling)?

Right now, I would definitely say season 3 of cards

the cards community needs some more activity! Though, for a more long-term change, I'd either split the WA in two chambers, where people would be able to join one, the other, or both; oralternatively disable stat changes from GA resolutions.

I've reduced cards activity recently, partly due to the overall community becoming less active and partly due to my TWP duties, but when I was really active, I'd farm for 1-2 hours every other day, and look at auctions every now and then while doing other things. The things I felt took more time were placing bids for collections and organizing them, as well as inflating cards (while I could wait for most of the auction I had to find suitable cards, set auctions, and farm once I placed the high bid), and doing other community services such as maintaining the collection thread and regional collection thread.

• The Sigometh Dynasty — 01/30/2022

I myself am 4th in Lazarus and 96th in the world and I spend about 40min on farming my 25 or so farms every couple of days but I don't see myself going up to the millions of card value any time soon

• What do you think your nations' card rarity would be in the hypothetical season 3? I'm hoping mine will be at least Epic.

I am hoping for legendary, now that I have the delegate badge, 33 gold badges from stats and 4x SC authorships; TWP also has no legendary cards in either season so it would be nice to be TWP's first legendary card. But if not legendary, epic is also a good rarity!
• If anyone else @here also has questions, ask away! We'll keep this channel open for a while so people from all timezones have the opportunity to participate.
Clarkov: God That Freezes Birds — 01/30/2022

This idea is so good it's hardly believable.
• Ryccia — Yesterday at 10:15 AM

How do you see TWP-Lazarene relations going forward?
Giovanniland — Yesterday at 10:32 AM

I think our relations are good at the moment, and I wish for that to continue. Even though the last event with both TWP and Lazarus before this one was 2 years ago, I am glad that we could make TWPLAZA possible and hope for it to become a yearly occurrence. And besides cultural events, I am also open to other types of collaboration in the future, be it diplomatic, military, WA-related, or any other, after all we are treatied allies and it is my view that we should frequently cooperate with these allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back