Not open for further replies.

Imaginary

Verified
Feather
ƒ1,952
unknown.png

Announcement from the Managing Director
Department Director and Advisor Appointments[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to announce my first choices for Directors: Leonism as Director of Internal Management and McChimp/Custadia
Mandate 12 said:
(6) The Prime Minister may appoint Cabinet Ministers to assist with executive ministries, programs and activities, and must fill any ministries mandated by law. Appointment of Cabinet Ministers will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(7) Cabinet Ministers will serve until the end of the Prime Minister's term or until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Prime Minister, or automatic removal from office.

Furthermore, I would like to request that our CEO [size=medium]Treadwellia[/hr]

consider appointing Whatermelons

On a final note, I would like the following citizens to help advise the government as it moves forward into the new year. They will hold no authority, but I would like them to be present in cabinet discussions.

[size=medium]JoWhatup[/hr]

- for his r/d experience
New Rogernomics - for his technical experience
Treadwellia - for his civility experience[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

All good candidates for the Directors! Congratulations all, on your appointments (provided they pass the vote, naturally).

I feel very honoured by this appointment. In German we would say something along the lines of "I will have big footprints to fill", because my predecessor did an admirable job in this same role and probably has had at least twice as much time and energy as I have.

Nevertheless, should our august Assembly confirm my appointment, I promise to accept it and give my very best at the job. For the Greater Glory of Lazarus!

unknown.png

Deputy Appointments[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint Debussy as a Deputy Director of Internal Management, and Chanku
Mandate 12 said:
(8) The Prime Minister may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

Normally I like to reserve Deputy appointments for the Director who they will server; however, both of these shareholders have shown promise in our region (Chanku creating a helpful endorsement tool and Debussy maintaining a nice presence on all our region's mediums) and, as I mentioned in my MD Election campaign, I'd like to give them the ability to showcase their creative talents to Lazarus further as department deputies.

Please congratulate both of them and wish them successful careers in their fields! :)

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

unknown.png

Minister and Granting Official Appointment[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint New Rogernomics as Director of Shareholdership.
Mandate 12 said:
(6) The Prime Minister may appoint Cabinet Ministers to assist with executive ministries, programs and activities, and must fill any ministries mandated by law. Appointment of Cabinet Ministers will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(7) Cabinet Ministers will serve until the end of the Prime Minister's term or until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Prime Minister, or automatic removal from office.

As per the Lazarene Citizenship Act, I also appoint him as a Granting Official, allowing him to fulfill the duties of this position as an acting Director, and continuing to do so if confirmed as a Director by the Shareholder Assembly.
Lazarene Citizenship Act said:
(2) The Prime Minister shall appoint a Minister as a Granting Official to advise the Delegate on citizenship applications.

New Rogernomics has had extensive experience working to facilitate Shareholder processing, and I feel confident he will do well in this position. Please consider giving him your support when this appointment moves before the Shareholders!

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

unknown.png

Request for the Pax Poukai Treaty with TSP[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to request the Assembly consider enacting the Pax Poukai treaty with The South Pacific.
Mandate Twelve said:
(4) The Assembly may enact, amend, or repeal treaties, at the request of the Prime Minister, by 50%+1 vote.

The South Pacific is a thriving region containing a professional and, I think, trustworthy community. Public Relations Director McChimp has worked with their officials over the last month to create this potential treaty for our region.

Introducing the Pax Poukai!

Pax Poukai

Preamble

Desiring friendship and tranquillity between Lazarus and the South Pacific, both parties ratify this treaty and thereby affirm their mutual respect.

Section 1. Recognition of Sovereignty

(1) Both signatories recognize the government of the Coalition of the South Pacific as set forth in the Charter and the government of Lazarus as set forth in the Twelfth Mandate as the legitimate ruling bodies of their respective regions.

(2) Both signatories shall recognize each others' legal successors as the legitimate ruling states of their respective regions.

Section 2. Pact of Non-AggressionSection 3. Cultural and Diplomatic TiesSection 4. Amendment, Interpretation, Display, and Repeal

(1) All amendments to this treaty must be made bilaterally following negotiations between signatory governments.

(2) The parties to this treaty may clarify the terms of this treaty through memorandums of understanding, which shall be posted alongside the treaty.

(3) Should either signatory state voluntarily disband without leaving a legal successor or dissolve this treaty in accordance with their own laws, both parties shall be relieved of the commitments made herein.

(4) This treaty shall be displayed in a publicly accessible area of the community forums of both parties.

Please let us know if you think anything needs to be amended (or if it's a bad idea altogether) when it hits the Assembly!

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

unknown.png

Establishment of Development Team[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to establish the LazCorp Development Team, a program to grow the opportunities that on-site-only members of Lazarus have and allow them a greater part in helping our region thrive.
Mandate 12 said:
(4) The Prime Minister will set the course of the Cabinet with such ministries, programs, and activities as they determine are beneficial for Lazarus.

Many who participate in our region do not care to join another website. With this program I hope to reach out to those among them that have the initiative to help build up our region, and unlock their potential. This program will also allow the region at large to have a greater say in who is leading them forward.

The LazCorp Development Team will base its creation and operations in the region LazCorp (linked below). Details for how the program will work are contained in the pinned dispatch, although these are subject to change based on suggestions and how well they perform.

https://www.nationstates.net/region=lazcorp

Please leave any comments or concerns below!

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Shouldn't it be more useful to promote this forum rather than letting decisions up to people who apparently weren't interested enough to join off-site? I get the drive for more people, and the on-site crew has done a great job, but I do think some decisions still need to be left to off-site Shareholders. I also think that perhaps you need to promote the off-site forum much more on-site than the current level, if you are dissatisfied with the amount of people/outreach to those people.

This is a fair concern to bring up. I would like to spend time talking to people about joining the forums more; however, I think being able to have a more interactive experience on-site may help motivate people to later join the forums, even if they're not ready now. This method has worked well in other regions like The South Pacific and has at least not hurt
Debussy;8291 said:
Would the Speaker be responsible for carrying out the elections?

As explained in the dispatch, the Managing Director would preside over elections. The LazCorp Development Team is merely a Cabinet program, not related to the Assembly or Speaker (beyond that Developers can be removed by the Assembly as an extra security net if this goes south).

The on-site, as it is, is far more interactive than the off-site already, and I do not believe that we should give them a say in government matters. What good would it do, according to you? If you truly believe they have the potential and the will to help build Lazarus, what would stop them from joining the off-site forums?

The on-site body of a region does a great deal for our region, from endorsing the delegate which is what keeps our entire government system safe to engaging with new players. I think a good way to show our appreciation for this would be giving them some, if minimal, say in who is building the region.

I wasn't able to join forums for the first couple years of my NS existence because, despite being quite involved with the game, I didn't have an email account. This is not a common ailment, but I assume people have reasons for not joining the forums despite having near constant presences game-side.

Edit: I don't mean to disagree with your point that the off-site should be more interactive though. You're quite right about that.

unknown.png

Deputy Appointments[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint Zapatian Workers State as a Deputy Director of Internal Management.
Mandate 12 said:
(8) The Prime Minister may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

While probably not the face you've seen around the most, ZWS has been a consistent contributor to the regional Gazette in recent months and has shown both a willingness to be more involved in its creation and the prose skill necessary for the job. For this reason I would like him to serve under Leonism as his Deputy, and work with the IM team specifically in news production.

Please congratulate him on his appointment and wish him well! :)

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Congrats!

unknown.png

Deputy Removal[/hr][/hr]​

As per Mandate 12, I would like to remove Zapatian Workers State as a Deputy Director of Internal Management.
Mandate 12 said:

Based on evidence-supported allegations made against ZWS in our NSGP thread that he is working to manipulate and, if possible, coup Lazarus, I no longer find him a suitable candidate for a cabinet deputy. He is hereby removed from office and barred from participating in any departments.

[/hr][/hr][/hr]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back