Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,939
Nation
Custadia
Region
Lazarus
Hostile Entities and Persons Act (December 2018) grants the Assembly the power to "designate a region or organization as a hostile entity
  • Other branches of the NPO have given materiel support onsite before, providing pilers for the NPO's actions in St Abbaddon and during the NLO coup.
  • All of the branches of the NPO share a common forum and discord server. Is that not comparable to us masking NS NPO members on this forum, and in our discord server?
No doubt other people have their own takes regarding this and will post them in this thread.

Thanks,
McChimp

The court has made the following ruling:
Our region, Lazarus is a purely NationStates entity, we exist solely due to the game and without NationStates our community would not exist. Although the New Pacific Order(NPO) was founded by the NationStates(NS) NPO, it has now expanded into more of a gaming clan, having branches in CyberNations and Politics and war. As well as branches in games that are extremely dissimilar to NationStates such as EVE Online. The NPO is, in essence, a gaming clan and while the organisation does co-operate across games, being a member of the NPO in and of itself does not mean one participates in the NationStates NPO. They may interact with them via a shared discord, but this is not dissimilar to me interacting with my friend's friends. Yes, I may know of them, but that does certainly not mean I am associated with them. However, if an individual from the wider NPO participates in on-site actions with the NS NPO, such as piling in St Abby, that constitutes participation in a hostile entity, an action deemed illegal by the Hostile Entities and Persons Act(HEPA). The court is of the opinion that Lazarus cannot punish participation in non NationStates branches of a gaming clan that have no interaction with Lazarus unless through the already proscribed NationStates branch. Therefore it is the opinion of this court that the NPO's HEPA proscription only applies to individuals who participate in the NationStates branch of the NPO, not those for participate solely in the non NationStates branches of the New Pacific order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back