Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Archived] Statement and Apology from the New Pacific Order to Lazarus

Bdurham07;4692 said:
Hmm ok so I have a question for you, is the NS NPO different from the rest of the NPO or do they all have similar characteristics
Arlo;4700 said:
I don't really understand. Maybe the new Emperor can help me out here. :p Why will Pergamon forever hate us? Is it because he and his friends orchestrated acts of invasive espionage and destabilisation in our regions? Is it because he was caught doing so and we said that wasn't really acceptable? Pergamon is not the victim here.

He's a bit upset about having to step down and depart from his home within which he was participating for many years. Unfortunately he has a tendency to take things a bit, well, personally which has caused other problems for us before.

The problem is that we can't have any confidence any of these terms will continue to be met long-term. The NPO has a history of removing people from office and banning them, but later reinstating them. That was the entire reason Feux, AMOM, and Stujenske were "freed up" to come infiltrate Lazarus and Osiris as Adytus, Wrektopia, and Kowassati. It wasn't a real exile for them; it was like a fun, subversive luxury vacation. Even after discovering that Feux had infiltrated Lazarus and Osiris as Adytus, that didn't stop Aleisyr from reinstating him to the Senate. And that isn't the only example of this happening; it's just the most egregious. There have also been instances of Pergamon being demoted due to the problems he caused between the NPO and other regions, only to be reinstated later. After his 2013 coup of the South Pacific, Milograd was sent into exile from the NPO, only to later be reinstated once again and even dispatched to other regions as the NPO's foreign affairs representative. This is a clear pattern of behavior the NPO has perpetrated over and over again.

There's simply no way we can have any confidence in any of this. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Letting this happen again would be about the fourth time Lazarus and other regions have allowed themselves to be fooled by the NPO in recent years. We shouldn't let it happen again. The NPO is, has always been, and will always be our enemy.

NPO delenda est.

It appears to me that the brand of Francoism promoted under the reign of Aleisyr and Pergamon is decisively unfriendly to the interests of regional sovereignty for both GCRs and UCRs alike. I understand your leadership has come about because of the need for damage control, but I remember clearly how after the NLO, the Order went quiet for a good long while and came back swinging the same hammer while expressing contrition for what they had done before. I cannot accept that every time the NPO screws up, they can put in a new Emperor and distance themselves from the people who they served for many years, only to screw up the same way inevitably. The diplomacy is appreciated, but NPO presence cannot be tolerated in gameplay any further.

I would like to thank Lord of Darkness for actually consistently responding to us here at least. This open dialogue is more than I've seen from an Emperor in years.

Cormac;4712 said:
The problem is that we can't have any confidence any of these terms will continue to be met long-term. The NPO has a history of removing people from office and banning them, but later reinstating them. That was the entire reason Feux, AMOM, and Stujenske were "freed up" to come infiltrate Lazarus and Osiris as Adytus, Wrektopia, and Kowassati. It wasn't a real exile for them; it was like a fun, subversive luxury vacation. Even after discovering that Feux had infiltrated Lazarus and Osiris as Adytus, that didn't stop Aleisyr from reinstating him to the Senate. And that isn't the only example of this happening; it's just the most egregious. There have also been instances of Pergamon being demoted due to the problems he caused between the NPO and other regions, only to be reinstated later. After his 2013 coup of the South Pacific, Milograd was sent into exile from the NPO, only to later be reinstated once again and even dispatched to other regions as the NPO's foreign affairs representative. This is a clear pattern of behavior the NPO has perpetrated over and over again.
Wycliffe;4714 said:
It appears to me that the brand of Francoism promoted under the reign of Aleisyr and Pergamon is decisively unfriendly to the interests of regional sovereignty for both GCRs and UCRs alike. I understand your leadership has come about because of the need for damage control, but I remember clearly how after the NLO, the Order went quiet for a good long while and came back swinging the same hammer while expressing contrition for what they had done before. I cannot accept that every time the NPO screws up, they can put in a new Emperor and distance themselves from the people who they served for many years, only to screw up the same way inevitably. The diplomacy is appreciated, but NPO presence cannot be tolerated in gameplay any further.
Arlo;4729 said:
I would like to thank Lord of Darkness for actually consistently responding to us here at least. This open dialogue is more than I've seen from an Emperor in years.

Thanks for your appreciation. Perhaps at some point, under better circumstances, we can see about doing an official Q&A with Lazarus.

Back