Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NSWF 6. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are many features and sections of the board you can't use. If you register, you will be able to participate fully in the fair, and use member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

IP addresses will be kept confidential except in cases of serious wrongdoing, when they may be shared with other administrators or law enforcement for investigative purposes.

Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official Welcome
Topic Started: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 am (270 Views)
Rach

The game we play is incredibly diverse and expansive. We have people from all sorts of creeds and values. Across every field in this game we have people with very different ideas about how the game should be run. The only thing we can all fully agree on is that we love this game. As much as we might often bicker and even fight, it is a home we love. A sanctuary where we can escape the real world. A place where we can meet people from all parts of the world and from all walks of life. A place filled with new opportunities and friendship at every turn. It is a community we all love.

This community has given us so much. I have made friends from across the world, people who I would have never met elsewise. They have helped me learn things I would have never learned elsewise, been a shoulder for me when I have been upset and have made me very happy. This Fair is an opportunity to make such friends across the entire spectrum of NationStates and meet people who you would have never met before. Dastardly feeder and sinker politicians, roleplayers, people dedicated General Assembly, raiders, defenders, independents and those who have no idea what any of those are all here. I hope you are as excited as I am to meet new people and make new friends.

This year, our theme is the future of NationStates. It is about how we can keep and expand the opportunities to make new friends while being safe doing so. This has been a year where we have seen a decline in public hate speech and rhetoric caused by extreme political beliefs; however, we have seen repeated difficulties in handling harassers and predators in our off-site communities. It is up to each of us to work harder to protect those who are unable to protect themselves. This will require greater communication, cooperation and extraordinary courage. It is easy to forget how isolated our communities and the admins of those communities can be from each other. Improving communication is key being more proactive and making our communities even more safe.

It is an incredible honour for my region, Europeia, to host the World Fair and to be able to give this speech. When the World Fair first started, I was hesitant about the idea seeing it initially as a gimmick. But as the years have gone by, I have become more and more entranced with it and realized how great it was in the way it built community and shared ideas. Every year I would dearly wish and hope for the honour and privilege to be chosen to give a lecture. The opportunity to help run and do our part has led me to love the World Fair and respect all the demanding work that all individuals and regions put into it.

I would like to personally thank the committee for allowing Europeia the privilege and responsibility of hosting the NS World’s Fair. Furthermore, I would like to thank all those in Europeia who worked so hard for this project. Lastly, I would like to welcome the NSverse to this marvelous event. Enjoy yourselves exploring the many regions in the game and meeting the wonderful people who like you are passionate for this game. Thank you for participating and have fun!
Edited by Rach, Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:36 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Willania Imperium
No Avatar
BOYCOTT THE NSWF
*applauds with great verocity*

Wonderful speech! I hope that this fair becomes a wonder for the NS community.

McMasterdonia
Member Avatar

Wonderful speech Rach. It has been great working with Europeia on this fair and I certainly hope it will be a tremendous success.

Todd McCloud
Horrid little fox guy thing
Nice touch. Europeia has been very good to work with this year.

Thatcher Whitehall
Member Avatar

Wonderful speech Rach! o/

Orioni
Member Avatar

Rach
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 am
This community has given us so much. I have made friends from across the world, people who I would have never met elsewise. They have helped me learn things I would have never learned elsewise, been a shoulder for me when I have been upset and have made me very happy. This Fair is an opportunity to make such friends across the entire spectrum of NationStates and meet people who you would have never met before.
This is oh so very true.

Wymondham
Member Avatar

Amazing Speech Rach

Sopo
Member Avatar

Good show. I'm certainly enjoying the Fair so far.

Aynia
No Avatar

A very good speech!

Nosma Washington
Member Avatar

An amazingly crafted speech

Halo
Member Avatar

Excellent speech, Rach!
... and thank you so much for bringing such an important topic to the Fair!

« Previous Topic · Lecture Hall · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Tired of life in NS? Click here!

Original theme created by g0b0ts. Theme has been modified by the NSWF team.