Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the forums of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features

Username:   Password:
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:
The People vs. La Resistance
Topic Started: Aug 6 2017, 03:37 AM (3,765 Views)
Adytus
Blessed of the Vale
Posted Image
Necromancer of Arbitration – Adytus

Complainant – Funkadelia

Accused

Aguero
Alunya
Amerion
Ark
Andrew
Atlantica
Aumelodia
Capercom
Constie
Courlany
Das Imperium Lives/Prole Confederation
Doperland
Escade
Frattastan
Griffindor13
Harmoneia
Ike
Kanglia
Kade Vasentius
Katie
Lenlyvit
Loftegen
Morozovia
Omega
Pherttsylavnia
Resentine
Roavin
Royal Atlantean State
Ryccia
Seraph
Svezjacael
The Church of Satan
The Noble Thatcherites
Vapid
Veniasufia
Wintermoot

Charge – 2.6 Subversive Activities

The King of the Undead has brought a criminal charge of subversive activity to the Necromancer of Arbitration, and the Circle of Necromancers. At the King’s request, with the approval of the Circle of Necromancers, and following the guidelines of Lazarene law, a trial has summoned for the accused, or “La Resistance.” This trials will be conducted following the Edict of Lazarene Law and Order, and order established by the Constitution of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus. Since these charges were not addressed under previous law, and are currently ongoing, the justification for this trial stands as the legal remedy to address the conflict. While a number of the accused have been charged with other crimes, this trial will center on the following –

• 2.6 Subversive Activity: Subversive Activity is defined as belonging to an organization that the Circle of Necromancers declares subversive, working with nations that seek to subvert Lazarus, performing unauthorized actions that one could reasonably assume are capable of or intended to weaken Lazarus, acting in Lazarus for the sake of foreign interests, and/or being a proxy of a foreign power. Subversive Activity is punishable by banishment from the region and forum.

Following longstanding precedent, as Necromancer of Arbitration, I will immediately contact the accused to notify them of the trial, allowing them to attend the court and present evidence in their defense. A period of three days will be allowed for the defense and complainant to confirm whether or not they plan to present themselves to the court. After this period, unless there is a reasonable request for delay, the accused and complainant may present evidence, facts, and other relevant information to the court to make their case. They may do so for three days. If there is no major evidence presented for three days after this period, the court, given all the evidence, will publish a ruling. It will roughly take a couple of days to publish a ruling.

EDIT: To everyone I mistakenly sent "trail" instead of "trial" in their personal message, I deeply apologize. My auto correct changed it, and I did not notice in time.

EDIT: Trial has started.

EDIT: Ruling coming soon.
Edited by Adytus, Aug 15 2017, 03:09 AM.
Mini Profile Top

Replies:
Capercom
Member Avatar
Lazarene
Who knew that the United States would be devastated by two hurricanes in the time it has taken this court to do absolutely nothing?
Mini Profile Top

Aguero
Member Avatar
Taeyeon's Bae
Capercom
Sep 12 2017, 01:42 PM
Who knew that the United States would be devastated by two hurricanes in the time it has taken this court to do absolutely nothing?
Maybe it's a sign of things to come.
Mini Profile Top

Aguero
Member Avatar
Taeyeon's Bae
Was this just a show trial with no verdict? The goverment isn't exactly helping by keeping silent.
The only judge we have has been gone for almost a month now.
Mini Profile Top

Adytus
Blessed of the Vale
Kade W. Vasentius
Aug 31 2017, 04:40 PM
Motion for dismissal on the grounds of a violation of Edict - failure to provide a ruling within a timely manner. RFC: @Funkadelia, @Scum
I guess the court can take this opportunity to define what a timely manner is.

Hold your goats.
Mini Profile Top

Capercom
Member Avatar
Lazarene
Adytus
Sep 20 2017, 10:41 PM
Kade W. Vasentius
Aug 31 2017, 04:40 PM
Motion for dismissal on the grounds of a violation of Edict - failure to provide a ruling within a timely manner. RFC: @Funkadelia, @Scum
I guess the court can take this opportunity to define what a timely manner is.

Hold your goats.
You didn't take the opportunity to define anything though.

Like you haven't rendered a verdict for this trial.
Mini Profile Top

Capercom
Member Avatar
Lazarene
Sep 20 2017, 04:41 PM

That was when the court system told us to "hold your goats"

Two weeks ago. This is nothing short of a mockery of any legit judicial system.

(edit: typo)
Edited by Capercom, Oct 4 2017, 10:07 PM.
Mini Profile Top

Pherttsylvania
Member Avatar
Lazarene
I know it's been a while, but please give me a moment to try and catch up to the staggering pace of the 'Undead Lazarus' or whatever you guys felt like changing the theme to legal system's proceedings.
This case was brought up or at least this thread was posted Aug. 5th. The last word by a supposed judicial representative, Adytus, was on Sep. 20 that basically said that the [sic] court [sic] will render a verdict "whenever he damn well pleases" to only slightly paraphrase.

Allow me to once again reiterate the concerns of others when I humbly beseech you, oh arbitrator, to render your esteemed verdict unto us lowly accused. At the time it seemed completely unnecessary to attempt to present a case in favor of the collective defense. After all, the triumvirate so unscrupulously and unceremoniously seized the region 'for the collective good' at the slightest questioning of their motives and requisite vote totals leading up to it by any non totally pro-raider individuals that it immediately became apparent to those of us who were not part of the 'cool kids club' that our observations and concerns would immediately be written off by the influx of new members that all happened to unilaterally vote Pro-Funk. From the perspective of outsiders or uninvolved Lazarus natives, it would have seemed that there was suddenly a counter-culture resistance against some long-standing, stable, and democratic status quo. To anyone with an ounce of objectivity or a functioning brain, however, it was apparent though that it was rampant voter importation from LWU scabs and other pro-raider sentiments trying to stake some claim towards the future of the region.

TLDR; nut up or finally shut up that you have no case, and you clowns simply haven't bothered to even attempt to consolidate your poorly-construed grasp at power over 2 months after the fact.
Mini Profile Top

Adytus
Blessed of the Vale
Posted Image

It is clear to the court, based on the evidence provided to it, that nearly all accused nations are guilty of the crime of Subsersive activity as defined in the Edict of Lazarene Law and Order.

The screenshots provided to the Court show, in the eyes of the court, abundant evidence of membership in the group declared as defined by the decree of the Circle of Necromancers. Membership in the discord and "citizenship" on the forum of this subversive group does, in the eyes of the court, displays, as a matter of law, members belonging to an organization that the Circle of Necromancers declares subversive. As such the court finds the following nations and any puppet governments thereof GUILTY:

Amerion
Ark
Andrew
Atlantica
Aumelodia
Capercom
Constie
Courlany
Das Imperium Lives/Prole Confederation
Doperland
Escade
Griffindor13
Harmoneia
Ike
Kanglia
Kade Vasentius
Katie
Lenlyvit
Loftegen
Morozovia
Omega
Pherttsylavnia
Resentine
Roavin
Royal Atlantean State
Ryccia
Seraph
Svezjacael
The Church of Satan
The Noble Thatcherites
Veniasufia
Wintermoot

The court also finds that there is not sufficient evidence to convict the following nations and puppet governments thereof, and they are NOT GUILTY:

Aguero
Alunya
Frattastan

Vapid is also found NOT GUILTY by virtue of their public renunciation of the subversive group.

This conviction on the basis of ELLO 2.6 shall not be taken to constitute a ruling on any other crimes that may or may not have been committed by any nations accused in this trial.

The Court hereby instructs the King that all members found GUILTY shall be punished by permanent banishment from Lazarus.
Edited by Adytus, Oct 13 2017, 08:24 PM.
Mini Profile Top

Kade W. Vasentius
Member Avatar
Kadey the Sysadmin
So, this is how I die then. Or not, I guess. We’ll meet up again in hell for a retake boys.
Mini Profile Top

The Church of Satan
Member Avatar
I HAVE CHORTLES!
Pfffft, take your baseless charges to someone who cares. Unlike your dictatorial regime forced on the people by traitorous scum like Funk, I stood for the people of this region instead of oppressing the region for the likes of Lone Wolves United. Know that you've forced away the heroes of this region with false charges and corruption.
Mini Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Trials · Next Topic »
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith - Recolored by Seth of Outline