Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the forums of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features

Username:   Password:
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:
Gazette Staff Applications
Topic Started: Jul 6 2017, 10:52 PM (261 Views)
Lamb
Member Avatar

Posted Image

The Gazette is our regional newspaper and primary media outlet for the region. We strive to publish monthly reports that are distributed to the rest of the NationStates world! Along with monthly issues, we may also do special pieces based on current events, holidays, etc. The Gazette is the perfect place for those with a passion for writing or even a slight interest. We try not to be too hard-nose about it, but our releases will be held to a certain standard. This thread is for those parties interested in being part of the Gazette team and help work on media affairs as needed.

As we're currently working to reboot our media section of the region, the structure of the Gazette is currently a little loose, but you may have opportunities for advancement in the future.

If you'd like to help represent our region and be part of the Gazette's Staff team, please fill-out the form below in a reply to this thread.

Code:

How comfortable are you with being tasked with writing about a specific topic?

Have you ever participated in a regional newspaper or have equivalent writing experience in NationStates?

Are there specific topics or areas where you would prefer to focus your writing?

What is your online availability like on a weekly basis (a couple days out of the week, every day of the week, etc.)?

What is your timezone?

NOTE: If you are looking to open up your own writing column and not necessarily write for the regional newspaper, click here to go to the appropriate sign-up thread.
Edited by Lamb, Jul 6 2017, 11:52 PM.
Mini Profile Top

Replies:
Funkadelia
Member Avatar

Yeah, definitely! It'll help to have new authors.
Mini Profile Top

Dysmastan
Member Avatar
Necromancer of Corruption
Funkadelia
Oct 15 2017, 04:04 AM
Well, I just took a look at the older applicants. Excluding all applications in this thread from before the Undead Dominion's founding date (for obvious reasons), the most recent applicant last logged in about .. 30 days ago?

Huh.. guess I'll add 'advertising editor/writer positions for regional newspaper' on my to-do list.
Edited by Dysmastan, Oct 15 2017, 05:49 AM.
Mini Profile Top

Adytus
Blessed of the Vale
How comfortable are you with being tasked with writing about a specific topic? Chill.

Have you ever participated in a regional newspaper or have equivalent writing experience in NationStates? Yeah.

Are there specific topics or areas where you would prefer to focus your writing? I can write about anything.

What is your online availability like on a weekly basis (a couple days out of the week, every day of the week, etc.)? I have more time for NS on the weekends.

What is your timezone? EST
Mini Profile Top

Funkadelia
Member Avatar

Dysmastan
Oct 15 2017, 05:49 AM
Funkadelia
Oct 15 2017, 04:04 AM
Well, I just took a look at the older applicants. Excluding all applications in this thread from before the Undead Dominion's founding date (for obvious reasons), the most recent applicant last logged in about .. 30 days ago?

Huh.. guess I'll add 'advertising editor/writer positions for regional newspaper' on my to-do list.
Personally, I would recommend starting a new thread, with cool new graphics and stuff to jive with the new theme!
Mini Profile Top

Cormac
Member Avatar
Lazarene
How comfortable are you with being tasked with writing about a specific topic? Fairly comfortable. If it's a topic I really don't want to write about due to some conflict of interest, which isn't super likely, I'd just say so.

Have you ever participated in a regional newspaper or have equivalent writing experience in NationStates? Yes. I run The Miniluv Messenger, a sporadic but significant gameplay newspaper, and have participated in regional newspapers in the past.

Are there specific topics or areas where you would prefer to focus your writing? I'm better with editing and opinion writing than I am with news writing, though I can do news writing. I'm no good with satire.

What is your online availability like on a weekly basis (a couple days out of the week, every day of the week, etc.)? I'm around a lot. Daily, though I have less availability on some days than others.

What is your timezone? Eastern (currently EDT, soon to be EST).
Mini Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Lazarene Gazette · Next Topic »
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith - Recolored by Seth of Outline